W3GMS 146985 Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
W3GMS 146985 Forum

W3GMS 146.985 Repeater Forum

3 posters

Any changes to W3GMS transmitter or antenna(s)?`

K2CDC

Any changes to W3GMS transmitter or antenna(s)?` Empty Any changes to W3GMS transmitter or antenna(s)?`

Post by K2CDC Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:18 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if there has been any configuration change with the repeater in the last 2 weeks.  I used to be able to receive quite well from my home outside of Media, PA up until about 1.5 to 2 weeks ago (at least S7 reading).  Now i can barely get a signal at all.  I haven't had any changes on this end (not intentional anyway), and it's only W3GMS that I'm having trouble with.  Of course it figures.  I was just about to start joining in instead of just listening!

Thanks,
    Chris
    KC3RGL

KD3X likes this post

KD3X
    KD3X
    Bronze Member
    Bronze Member

Any changes to W3GMS transmitter or antenna(s)?` Empty Re: Any changes to W3GMS transmitter or antenna(s)?`

Post by KD3X Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:42 pm

Hi Chris.

I just heard Joe say today that the tower climber is due 10/21 to help resolve the issues with EchoLink and Allstar.  

I have not heard anything of the repair of the amplifier so the current signal level will remain until such repairs are completed.

I have noticed the weaker signal on my HT and in the mobile.  You are much further away so it will be more drastic.  It may be changing band condition for the even lower than normal signal.  Hang in there, it will get better!

Welcome to the group and to ham radio.

Barry
    KD3X
    W3KZG
    W3KZG
    Bronze Member
    Bronze Member

Any changes to W3GMS transmitter or antenna(s)?` Empty Repeter Amp Failure

Post by W3KZG Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:26 pm

The Amplifier is off line it is in need of repair so the repeater is on low power till it fixed.
    KD3X
    KD3X
    Bronze Member
    Bronze Member

Any changes to W3GMS transmitter or antenna(s)?` Empty Re: Any changes to W3GMS transmitter or antenna(s)?`

Post by KD3X Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:16 am

cheers Just an FYI, that the 985 machine is back up to full power.

K2CDC likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:51 pm